Client is running Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 (SBS 2008). Approximately, 3-4 times a day, Outlook prompts him for credentials. He closes and reopens Outlook and works. No one else in the office has this issue. This has been an ongoing problem but he hasn’t communicated the persistence of the problem back to me.
Anyway, I did some research (and it remains to be seen) but it looks like the credentials manager in Win 7 needs to be cleaned.
I found this solution on Experts Exchange with a h/t to user GusGallows.
1. Go to Control Panel
2. User Accounts
3. Manage Your Credentials
4. At this point you can edit the credentials but it’s easier if you delete all of the necessary ones (I had about 4 or so)
5. Outlook will recreate the cached credentials when it sees fit