Client wants an auto-reply happening on a shared mailbox with an attachment on the response.
(h/t Microsoft support and LP)
- Open Outlook and choose the shared mailbox mail profile. In our example, the mail profile is – Help Desk Support tickets.
- We are connected to the Help Desk Shared mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org in our scenario).
- Select the Rules menu and Manage Rules & Alerts…
- Click on the New Rule… and choose: Apply rule on message I receive
- Select the option – Apply rule on message I receive
- In this step, we define the “mailbox rule condition”. In the “program language,” this is the part of “IF” (If a specific condition is fulfilled).
- Select the option box – sent only to me
- Click – Next
- Choose the option box: sent only to me
- Select the option box – have server reply using a specific message
- This is the second part of the mailbox rule which can be described as the “What part”(the former mailbox rule deals with the “IF”).
- At the bottom of the rule window, click on the link – a specific message
- As a result, a “New mail” will appear. This is a mail template that will ‘contain” the Automatic reply content.
- Note – It is important to mention that the mailbox rule that we create considers as “server-side side rule”. The meaning is – that the Automatic reply rule will be activated by the “server” (Exchange Online) without the need to open the Outlook mail client.
- In our example, I use a predefined text that I have prepared that include a signature, company logo, etc.
- All we need to do is just – paste the “content” in the “New mail template,” and to save the template.
- Add the required text, image to the E-mail template
- Select – Save& Close
- In the following screenshot, we can see that the update was saved.
- In other words, the Exchange mailbox rule “know” what E-mail template to use.
- Click Next
- Provide the require mailbox rule name
- Click – Finish
- In the following screenshot, we can see that a “new rule” was created
- Click – OK